• Facebook Social Icon
First Presbyterian Church 
33 Broadway
Frostburg, MD 21532
Contact us at
frostburgpresby@gmail.com
301-412-4565
Special Offerings
5 cents a meal

When we collect our offerings on Sunday mornings, every week the children of the church (or the young at heart) walk behind the ushers carrying buckets into which people cheerfully and noisily dump the change they have collected during the week. All the money gathered goes toward local efforts to fight hunger. Every month a different group receives the gifts.

One Great Hour of Sharing

Since 1949, Presbyterians have joined with millions of other Christians through One Great Hour of Sharing to share God’s love with people experiencing need. Our gifts enable the church to share God’s love with our neighbors-in-need around the world by providing relief to those affected by natural disasters, provide food to the hungry, and helping to empower the poor and oppressed. They support ministries of disaster response, refugee assistance and resettlement, and community development that help people find safe refuge, start new lives, and work together to strengthen their families and communities. 

 

Recognizing that the hope we have in Christ is lived out in our hope for one another, we respond with gifts that help our sisters and brothers around the world find the hope for a brighter future.

Pentecost Offering

Gifts to the Pentecost Offering help the church encourage, develop, and support its young people, and also address the needs of at-risk children. We can retain 40% of the offering in order to make an impact in the lives of young people within our own community. The remaining 60% is used to support ministries of the Presbyterian Mission Agency that support the physical and spiritual growth and care of children and young people through programs such Young Adult Volunteers, Ministries for Youth, and Children-at-Risk

Peace & Global Witness Offering

The Peace & Global Witness Offering is received during the Season of Peace, which ends on World Communion Sunday. Gifts to the Peace & Global Witness Offering enable our church to promote the Peace of Christ by addressing systems of injustice across the world. 25% is for our own connection to the global witness of Christ's peace. Presbyteries retain an additional 25% for ministries of peace and reconciliation. The remaining 50% is used by the Presbyterian Mission Agency to advocate for peace and justice in cultures of violence, including our own, through collaborative projects of education and Christian witness.

Christmas Joy Offering

Each year during the Advent and Christmas season, we turn our eyes to Bethlehem and celebrate the wondrous gift of Jesus Christ, our Savior. By giving to the Christmas Joy Offering, you honor this gift by providing assistance to current and retired church workers in their time of need and developing our future leaders at Presbyterian-related schools and colleges equipping communities of color.